The research group as of Summer 2018, consists of two postdocs (Dr. Lea El Khoury, Dr. Sukanya Sasmal), ten Ph.D. students (Nathan Lim, Camila Zanette, Guilherme Matos, Caitlin Bannan, Sam Gill, Victoria Lim, Kalistyn Burley, David Wych, Danielle Bergazin, and Jessica Maat) and several undergraduates (including Linh Nguyen and Meghan Osato).
The Mobley lab is located in 3110 Natural Sciences I on the main campus at UCI.
- Undergraduate students: Undergraduate students interested in the area are welcome, with a strong preference for students in their 1st or 2nd years of undergraduate work, ideally with some programming experience. Interested students should contact Dr. Mobley and explain why they are interested in this research area specifically. Research credits for PharmSci 199 are available.
- Graduate students: Positions for graduate students in the lab are available; usually roughly one position is open each academic year. Contact Dr. Mobley if you are potentially interested or want more information on the group, though direct applications are not accepted (students must be accepted into a graduate program at UCI before joining the group). Dr. Mobley has appointments in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Chemistry, so graduate students from several different degree programs are welcome.
- Postdoctoral researchers: We are not currently hiring. Regardless of whether we are hiring or not, Dr. Mobley keeps information from interesting candidates on file. Contact him directly if you are looking for a position, and be sure to indicate why you are interested in joining the group.
- Christopher D. Savoie, a former undergraduate in the group, completed his M.S. degree in Chemistry at Boston University with Tom Keyes and is working as a Nuclear Officer for the U.S. Navy.
- Yu Xuan “Luna” Liu, a former undergraduate in the group, is a graduate student in oriental medicine.
- Sheldon Williams, a former undergraduate in the lab, is finishing his undergraduate degree at Southern University in New Orleans.
- Vivian Jaber, a former undergraduate in the lab at UNO, is an MD/Ph.D. student at Louisiana State University in New Orleans.
- Kim Keyes, a former undergraduate in the lab at UNO, is a chemical analyst at Eurofins in New Orleans.
- Karisa Wymer, a former undergraduate student in the lab, finished her B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences at UCI and is attending Pharmacy school at University of California, San Francisco.
- Kevin Hoang, a former undergraduate in the lab, finished his B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and is pursuing pharmacy school.
- Nam Thi is a former undergraduate in the lab who finished his B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and is in pharmacy school at Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy.
- Daisy Kyu is a former undergraduate who finished her B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and is in pharmacy school at the University of Southern California.
- Stefania Evoli, who visited briefly as a graduate student at the University of Calabria in Italy, is a postdoctoral researcher with Jeff Wereczsynski at IIT.
- Max Riquelme is a graduate student in Esteban Vöhringer-Martinez’s group in Chile. Max visited for a few months in Spring 2017.
- Zuzana Jandova spent three months with us in Spring 2018 as a visiting graduate student from Chris Oostenbrink’s group in Vienna.
- Graduates (MS):
- Anasuya Kolavennu, a former graduate student in the lab at UNO, completed her M.S. degree and is currently a high school teacher in India.
- Jessica Fuselier, a former graduate student in the lab at UNO, completed her M.S. degree and is currently pursuing a second M.S. degree in bioinformatics at IUPUI.
- Hanh Nguyen, a chemistry M.S. student in the lab, has obtained a position at a R&D laboratory.
- Noora Siddiqui, a pharmacological science M.S. student in the lab.
- Graduates (Ph.D.):
- Dr. Shuai Liu, who completed his Ph.D. in the lab at UCI, went on to do postdoctoral work with Mike Gilson, Rommie Amaro, and Vickie Feher as part of the D3R initiative at UCSD. Currently he is working in the drug discovery area with Silicon Therapeutics in the Boston area.
- Dr. Pavel Klimovich is a man of mystery; he sends us postcards from random parts of the world, but he’s a man of secrecy and we have no idea what he is doing, other than that he is still in science somewhere.
- Dr. Shun Zhu, a former postdoctoral researcher in the lab at UCI, is currently working as a faculty member in the Department of Cellular and Genetic Medicine at Fudan University in China.
- Dr. Gaetano Calabró, who did postdoctoral research in the group, has moved to a position doing scientific software development with OpenEye Scientific Software in Santa Fe, and we continue to collaborate on MD-related software development.
- Dr. Sreeja Parameswaran took time off to raise her family, but is starting a new position in data science as an Application Developer at Cincinatti Children’s Hospital in the Center for Autoimmune Genomics and Etiology.
- Dr. Adam Van Wart, a former postdoctoral researcher at UCI, is an adjunct chemistry professor at several community colleges in Orange County, California.